The Hana Relay is an incredible fifty-two mile journey along 617 curves and over 56 bridges through the most breathtaking scenery in all of Maui. The 52-mile course begins near the Kahului Airport and will proceed along the Hana Highway to the area below the Ranch Store, AKA the old fair ground.
DIVISIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- ONLY ONE VEHICLE PER TEAM!
- Each team should consist of 6 members
- Each member MUST run 3 legs of the course (Approximately 2-3 miles a leg).
- Teams with less than 6 members will be placed in the Incomplete Division
- Race Fee is $495.00 per team regardless of the number of runners
- Men’s Open - Any age and at least one runner under 40
- Women’s Open - Any age at least one runners under 40
- Mixed - at least 2 or more of the opposite sex any age
- Mens Masters - Min age of all runners is 40
- Womens Masters - Min age of all runners is 40
- Mixed Masters - At least 2 or more of the opposite sex and min age is 40
- Incomplete Teams - Less than 6 runners or less than 2 of the opposite sex
- Hotel / Restaurant - All ages and sex and all from the same employer
PACKET PICK UP:
- 1st Place - Men’s Open
- 1st Place - Women’s Open
- 1, 2, 3 Place - Mixed
- 1st - Men's Masters
- 1st Place - Women's Masters
- 1st - Mixed Masters
- 1st - Hotel / Restaurant
- 1st - Most Spirited Team
Captains are required to pick up runners numbers, T-shirts, batons, vehicle placards, course rules, description and information. Extra t-shirts can also be purchased at this time.
POST RACE FUN:
- Date: The day before the race. September 13, 2019 - NO RACE DAY PICK UP
- Time: 6-8pm
Ale House 355 E. Kamehameha Ave., Kahului, HI 96732
- VIRR MEMBERS will be refunded $25/member
Refreshments, live music, food and awards. A local charity will be selling food at the finish line area.
MOST SPIRITED AWARD:
The Most Spirited Award will be given to the team that demonstrates good sportsmanship both on and off the course. Extra points for creative van decoration and/or zany costumes. No drug enhancements, please.